- bold pillows serve as serious statement pieces. they come in so many colors and designs that you'll have not problem finding just the right one to serve your style. i'm going with this pillow to add a pop of pink in my room. bonus: my sister offered to embroider a message on it for me!
- a nice throw gives any bedroom a cozy feel. i'm using this throw and keeping it simple.
- i prefer white sheets over designs/colors (even though i was warned it would call for constant washing... ugh) because they keep a look clean and sleek instead of mixing all sorts of crazy colors and patterns. plus, it makes your bed look fresh. i'm getting these simple sheets.
- a stylish lamp packs a bold punch. although this lamp may be simple, it's getting serious design points.
- this bed rest is perfect for sitting up in bed reading (or online shopping).
- (not pictured) your bed cover may be the most important element of your bedroom. the bed takes up a large amount of space and thus serves as a blank canvas for you to show off your personal style. the bed spread i chose is plain, but has the most adorable little pom-poms.
with t minus one month until i move to san diego for college, i've gone into dorm supplies buying mode. the funnest part for me is getting to design a new space for yourself that you know you will love, even if you have to share that space with two other people. even though i want to go all out and just splurge on a bunch of cute and design worthy decorations, i have to start with the basics. in this department i had some help from my awesome sister, who conveniently happens to be an architect who is also well versed in interior design. starting with the basics helps you determine the mood that you want to create for your space. once you determine these fundamental pieces you can decide what to include next to complete the look. this post will be the first in a series of posts that will log my dorm decorating journey, with the last post showing the finished product!
i'm shawndiz, a college student in desperate need of a creative outlet. i love all things design worthy and revel in creating and sharing what i find beautiful and interesting in the world. above all i believe that being a busy college student doesn't mean you should sacrifice style.
Vogue Intuition by Shawndiz Hazegh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.