- take a college course: i know the last thing you want to do after finishing your first year of college is take more classes over summer. but just think about it, it'll be a lot less stressful taking classes over the summer, and you'll feel super accomplished that you got classes done that you needed.
- travel: traveling, especially abroad, is a great experience. it can change the way you see the world, and is an experience you will never forget. plus, i don't know about you guys, but i've had to fill out multiple applications where they ask if i've had any experience adapting to different cultures. traveling abroad makes it super easy to answer questions like that.
- get an internship: getting an internship in the field you're interested in is probably one of the coolest things you can do with your summer. with an internship you'll get to work with actual professionals in your field. as a bonus, you'll make connections that just may help you out in the future when you're looking for a job after graduation. ;)
- find a job: if you can't find an internship related to the career you want, you can at the least find a summer job. there are lots of employers that look for summer employees, so you should be able to find one. a job will keep you busy over summer and you can save up some money for school.
- volunteer: there are so many ways you can volunteer. locally you can find volunteer opportunities in your community, or you can volunteer abroad. there are tons and tons of programs to choose from for every interest. volunteering will not only provide you with experiences and personal growth, but you will also feel great at the end of summer knowing you helped someone out.
i hope you all had a great spring break! now that spring quarter has started everyone is looking forward to summer. now even though in high school summer may have meant a couple of months of no responsibilities and spending all day binge watching t.v., in college it's a little different. summer is a very important part of the year that you have to figure out how to use wisely. now that you're in college you should find something to do over the summer that gives you new experiences, helps you with your career path, or helps you out in school. i know at first it seems scary to sort through all the options, so i've pulled together a few options for what you can do this summer.
i'm shawndiz, a college student in desperate need of a creative outlet. i love all things design worthy and revel in creating and sharing what i find beautiful and interesting in the world. above all i believe that being a busy college student doesn't mean you should sacrifice style.
Vogue Intuition by Shawndiz Hazegh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.